Section 02.10: Account Codes -- Personal Services (10100-19999)
This group of account codes applies to all payroll expenditures. It is divided into eight categories:
- Unclassified salaries
- Unclassified pay
- Classified salaries
- Classified pay
- Student pay
- Salaries and pay to clinical fellows and graduate assistants
- Benefit compensation
- Other payroll expenses for fringe benefits paid by the state
The following abbreviations are used throughout this section:
- FWSP- Federal Work Study Program
- OPE- Other payroll expenses
- SEIU/OPEU- Service Employees International Union/Oregon Public Employees Union
- PEBB- Public Employees Benefit Board
 Unclassified Salaries
 Unclassified Pay
 Classified Salaries
 Classified Pay
These codes record supplemental and miscellaneous non-budgeted payments. These include vacation payout, overtime, differentials (shift, lead-worker, and work out-of-class) and special pay (penalty pay, special duty, stand-by/on-call and pay in lieu of retirement).
10436 Stand-By/On-Call Pay
Pay to classified employees for stand-by (or on-call) time. The following apply:
- An employee is on stand-by when required to be available for work outside their normal working hours.
- An employee is not on stand-by once they begin performing assigned duties and is accruing pay for the time worked.
- Stand-by pay applies to those classified employees who are eligible for overtime pay, except employees covered by collective bargaining agreements that do not contain this provision.
- Stand-by is not counted as time worked when computing overtime pay.
- The hours' requirement and pay rates vary with bargaining representation.
 Student Pay
 Salaries and Pay to Clinical Fellows and Graduate Assistants
 Benefit Compensation
 Other Payroll Expenses
[a] Other Payroll Expenses
[b] Other Payroll Expenses - Payroll System Adjustments
[c] Accrued Leave
[d] Graduate Fee Remission/Benefit/Subsidy